Who do you see?
SAS (Summative Assessment) | English
*ce projet est aussi disponible en français
Students are presented with a short story in the first part of the SAS. They are required to write an analysis/interpretation demonstrating their understanding of the story in consideration of author's craft (voice, structures and features of text, meaning). In the second part of the SAS, students are presented with a short media clip intended to introduce the concept of perception and to initiate their thinking towards the completion of a written production task which is related to that concept.
- Quebec: English Language Arts/Secondary Cycle 1/ Reading Process/Interpretation of Texts/ Written Production/Plans & Drafts Texts/Post Production
- Ontario: English Language Arts/Grade 8-9/Reading for Meaning/Understanding Form and Style /Knowledge and Understanding/Thinking and Investigation/Writing/Developing and Organizing Content/Topic-Purpose-Audience/Voice-Sentence Craft-Fluency
- Strong>BC: English Language Arts/grade 8 -9/Reading, Listening, Viewing/Create and Communicate
- Alberta: English Language Arts/General Outcome 2/2.1 to 2.4/Create Original Text
- Saskatchewan: English Language Arts/grade 8-9/Comprehend and Respond/Compose and Create
- Enhanced Podcast
- Series of Images (7 Images of Different Individuals, 6 Images of Settings)
- Short Story
- Rubric for Reading Assessment
- Rubric for Written Production